Herb Roasted Chicken & Potatoes Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
Total Time: 40-45 minutes
With the cold weather food can bring comfort but it doesn’t have to put on the pounds. Roasts tend to be made with beef but this one is made with chicken to make it a healthier choice, and if you double the recipe it can be delicious as leftovers! It only has 450 calories per serving and it only costs 5 dollars a person! This dish would average 600-700 calories AT LEAST if used with beef! You’ll notice below I don’t tell you how much of the general seasonings to add because I want every cook to tailor the recipe to their own taste buds, so have fun with it! This dish is low calorie, low fat, low sodium but high in flavor!
- 8 oz Chicken Tenderloins
- 4 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1/2 Bag Baby Carrots
- 2 TB of Smart Balance Oil
- 1/2 Packet of McCormick Gourmet – Herbes de Provence Roasted Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Cooking White Wine
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Italian Seasoning
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line at least an inch deep cookie sheet with tin foil. Spray with no stick cooking spray and bend up sides of tin foil to make sure all of the mixture stays in one place.
2) Mix cooking white wine, oil, seasoning pack in a large bowl
2) Dice up potatoes into about 1 inch cubes. Add carrots and diced up potatoes into seasoning mixture. Mix and coat well.
3) Line tin foil with chicken tenderloins and season with garlic, salt, pepper, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Add potatoes, carrots, and mixture to the tin foil with the chicken tenderloins to make a single layer. Cover loosely with another piece of tin foil, this will ensure chicken stays moist while cooking.
4) Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes. Check potatoes and carrots by sticking a fork in them after about 40 minutes. If the fork goes in and out with ease it’s done!
YIELD: 2 servings